Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife is entrusted with the long-term conservation of the region’s rich biodiversity for the people of South Africa. Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife Resorts invites you to enjoy the ultimate wildlife experience at their world-class resorts.
Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife represents the following resorts and/or reserves in the N3 Gateway region:
• Didima Resort is located in the Cathedral Peak valley. Didima celebrates the now lost culture of the San people and captures something of their oneness with their environment. Their art has been accurately reproduced and can be viewed at the San Rock Centre as well as in small shelters found throughout the Park.
• Giant’s Castle Game Reserve was proclaimed in 1903 and is 34 638ha in extent, lying in the Central Berg Region. The renowned Vulture Hide (sponsored by N3 Toll Concession (RF) Proprietary Limited) is open throughout the year for visitors to watch bearded vultures and other endangered species feeding.
• At Kamberg Resort hiking and walking and is highly recommended. A hike to Game Pass Shelter to view Rock Art is definitely worthwhile. Fly-fishing at the Eland dam as well as Eskirne dam (which are regularly stocked with brown trout) as well as river fishing are favourite activities in the Kamberg.
• Midmar Dam and the nature reserve, with its large expanse of fresh water, extensive meandering shoreline, open grasslands, good road network, and outdoors action and recreation facilities makes it an exciting family destination.
• At Royal Natal (Thendele and Mahai Resorts) you can enjoy you San Rock Art Paintings, the Drakensberg Power Station, arts and crafts with Thandanini Local Weavers and scenic views including the famous Amphitheatre.
• At Spioenkop Dam Nature Reserve activities include game viewing, hiking, walking, horse riding and boating on the dam which was the site of one of the worst defeats by the British during the Anglo-Boer War in an attempt to lift the Siege of Ladysmith during 1900.
Please include your contact details with your enquiry.