Treat your colleagues or family to a polo holiday or polo team building getaway. Oakland’s polo packages include accommodation, meals, horse rental, polo tuition and team building activities.
Oaklands is a privately-owned country district polo club with world class facilities, including a floodlit polo arena, a polo pit, wooden horse, fully equipped classroom and beautifully schooled horses. We offer both introductory courses and expert tuition in this noble game by some of the top coaches in the country.We also offer a two- day corporate polo package, which is a fun and unique team building event for groups of between 11 and 20 people. Oakland’s polo packages include accommodation, meals, horse rental, polo tuition and team building activities.
Oaklands Polo School:
Full-day polo package includes:
– Accommodation in an en-suite room and breakfast;
– A morning session (10h00-13h00) comprising some of the following aspects: swing analysis (wooden horse) and/or stick n’ ball and/or riding (seat and balance) and/or foot polo and/or rules and tactics;
– Four chukkas in the afternoon. (15h00-17h00).
A half-day polo package includes:
– Accommodation in a standard room and breakfast;
– Either a session on the wooden horse and in the arena, or on the field with your coach in the morning (10h00 – 13h00) covering swing and riding;
• Four chukkas in the afternoon (15h00-17h00.
• Enquire about alternative accommodation options and prices as they will change if you choose to book a family suite or share a room.
Corporate Polo Team Building Itinerary:
Day 1: Two-hour morning and afternoon sessions of polo lessons and team building activities
Day 2: Three-hour session of polo matches before lunch
Foot mallet matches: A fun way of learning how to hit the polo ball; hosted on the tennis court;
Wooden horse: Concurrent sessions that teach the team how to handle long polo mallets;
Riding 101: Learn to steer, stop and go;
Tag: A team game of tag on horseback, which improves riding skills for polo;
Stick and balling: Hitting the ball around the arena enables coaches to rectify any problems ahead of the chukkas;
Chukkas: Two teams face off in these 30-minute polo sessions. This is a warm-up where players practise the rules and objectives of the game;
Matches: Teams are formed and the winners are decided in a mini competition. You can spend your free time between polo sessions simply enjoying the tranquil and refreshing country atmosphere, or participating in a range of other activities on offer at Oaklands.